Connect is an integrated online environment developed by the Department of Education WA for staff, students and parents in public schools.
Check out the short video clip on Connect at https://vimeo.com/connectwa/welcome
How will parents access Connect? Each parent will be given their own secure login to Connect. Connect is totally free and, because it is provided by the Department of Education, very safe. As well as being able to login to Connect on any internet-enabled device, you may also receive notices from Connect that will be sent to you as either an email or a notification on your ‘phone. A free app called Connect Now can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store and will let you receive Connect notices as push notifications.
If you have multiple children you only need one login, even if your children attend different public schools. When you login to Connect you will be able to see information specific to your own child/ren such as:
• The classes in which your children are engaged
• Class calendars
• Week by week attendance information
• Assessment Outlines information drawn from Reporting to Parents (secondary)
• Assessments and evidence for your own child
• Notices from your child’s classes that automatically generate an email or ‘phone notification to you
We hope that you enjoy the Connect experience and see it as an exciting new way for you to stay in touch with your child’s education at school.